Friday, May 30, 2008

Miscellaneous Goals for June

It's almost June, so it's time to set goals in a few categories.

1. Limit eating out and junk food to $120 for the month.
This is the June challenge from krystalatwork and I think it's going to be hard for us. We hardly ever eat out as a family, but I tend to eat at work, my hubby buys candy regularly and we buy junk food on the way to and from our other house.

2. Lose 3 pounds.
This is part of my larger goal to lose nine pounds over the next 3 months, so I'm back to 120 pounds by my birthday. Since I'm 5'4" and have very small bones, this is a reasonable weight, particularly if I also spend some time at the gym trying to firm up those abs!

3. Post at least 23 times in June.
That's one post per day excluding Shabbos and the 2 days of Shavuot. I strongly believe that having a routine of posting daily will make it more likely that I will follow through with this blog in the long term.

4. Write at least one book review in June.
I enjoy reading book reviews by other PF bloggers. Seeing what they read and what they thought of the books gives me valuable insight into what they think is important in the realm of personal finance. Sometimes I get good ideas from them about books to read. For example, I really must read Getting Things Done.

I think in the future I will have 6 or 7 goals per month, but I want to ease into this. I still have a lot to learn about writing a blog (and getting others to read it) as well as a lot of technical issues (like getting my page layout just the way I want it, adding other elements, etc.). That will take some of my time this month.

This is also a short post today because it's Friday and I have a few things left to do here at home before Shabbos comes in at 8:50 pm. Shabbat Shalom!

No comments: