Monday, August 10, 2009

It's Been A While

It's been a while and I really don't have a good excuse. The weather has been hot, I was away for the August long weekend, I haven't been sleeping well and I've been reading compulsively but not blogging, or even commenting very much.

And I don't really feel up to doing any kind of an update right now. I'm tired and I have 4 girls all day tomorrow, now that camp is finished. I'm just feeling kind of unmotivated and rebellious but I wanted everybody (the handful of folks who possibly haven't given up on me yet) to know that I am still around. In a way I feel like I really need a vacation.

I just can't afford to go away and I have responsibilities too, both family ones and work. But I'm feeling very flat and being away last weekend wasn't enough. For one thing, I had both Dear Child and my 4 year old granddaughter. Plus, I had to come home just about the time I felt like I was accomplishing anything.

I'm looking forward to going again (not sure which weekend though) because I want to put together the bookshelf I bought at IKEA and took there. Then I want to go through a couple of the boxes of memorabilia there and put out stuff on display on the shelves. I think that will feel nice. But what I'd really like is some alone time and I know that's not going to happen because, wherever I go, I'll have DC with me at the very least.

Anyway, my apologies for being in such a grumpy mood.

1 comment:

Grace. said...

Ah, summer ennui! When we really just want everyone else to go away and leave us alone with a six-pack (or a bottle of wine, if you're classier than I am), a thick, good novel, and NO RESPONSIBILITY to do anything, including making conversation. If you find that, invite me over--I'll be quiet!