Here were my goals for 2010, along with how I did:
Open a TFSA and put $1,300 into it. I opened an account and put $1,200 into it.
Put a minimum of $520 into the Emergency Fund. I pretty much cleaned out my Emergency Fund when I went to the US for a wedding but there's $1,236.72 in it at the moment.
Put a minimum of $520 into my RRSP. I put $350 into my RRSP.
Keep putting money into my set aside accounts, rural credit union account, etc. I was inconsistent with this, though better than in any recent years.
Keep current on all my bills. Not always.
Come up with $3,000 for Dear Child’s dental surgery. Well, we paid for it although a good chunk of that is the increase on the credit card.
Pay off both Home Depot payment plans on time. Done!
Plant lavender border. Nope.
Go to house 2x per month in summer. Nope.
Finish new floor in master bedroom. Nope.
Walk for at least a half hour per day (or use elliptical for same length of time). No way!
So, I won some and I lost some. What are my goals for 2011?
- Pay off all our outstanding debt. Not as insane as it sounds, as we are expecting a small inheritance shortly.
- Put $1,300 into the TFSA this year.
- Increase the Emergency Fund by at least $520.
- Put a minimum of $520 into my RRSP.
- Put the set-aside money into my accounts regularly.
- Get current and stay current on all my bills.
Rural House Goals
- Go to the house a minimum of once per month when the weather is decent.
- Build the bedframes that have been there for a year now!
- Step up the search for land once we have the money for a down payment.
- Go out to exercise at least once a week.
- Exercise at home every day that I don't exercise elsewhere.