Sunday, July 20, 2008

After the Fast

Last night I said I'd be spending my day "updating my excel expense sheet, doing laundry and going through boxes". How did I do?

Well, it's amazing how much work I can do when I'm avoiding our financial situation. I did 4 loads of laundry and emptied 6 boxes. I got more books up on the shelves and actually folded the clean laundry and put it away (it often sits in the basket until half of it is too crumpled to be worn).

I didn't work straight through. I just worked a bit, then rested a bit, playing games on the computer. And then I did a little more, over and over again.

I finally decided I had to get going on entering what we've spent and to finish arranging the receipts in envelopes by month. So then I started looking for the little bag I've been keeping it all in (envelopes with receipts, loose receipts, bills, etc.) and guess what? That's right. I can't find the bag! I found a bunch more receipts that haven't been entered (I put a tick mark on them when I've done them and then they're supposed to go into the envelope for that month, so I can tell what's been entered) but no little yellow bag.

I'm not quite panicking yet but it's really bothering me. I'm sure I picked it up and put it away somewhere before Shabbat but my brain obviously wasn't "on" at the time so I don't remember where it was and it may have been somewhere really illogical.

I'm just going to call it quits for tonight and hope that something will come to me tomorrow, or that I'll just find it in the course of continuing to tidy things up. The fast went not too badly. I was hungry most of the day but I didn't end up with a migraine or fall asleep from low blood sugar or anything. We cooked up the remains of the BBQ chicken with onions and garlic and had it with salad when the fast ended.

I'm tired now though, so I'm going to go to bed a little early.

No comments: