Friday, August 15, 2008

And I'm Off

This is going to be an interesting weekend. My best friend, who lives in Seattle, has most of her kids home this week, including her eldest daughter, son-in-law and their baby. I've been very grumpy for the past week or so because I wanted to go visit and couldn't figure out how to do so when we have the little girls all day all weekend, plus my hubby has to work on Sunday because they're completing the move of his office on the weekend.

In the end, I'm just going to go and take all the girls with me! I've got a note from Eldest Daughter and Son-in-Law, giving me permission to take their girls, a note from Hubby saying it's okay for our daughter to go and I'm taking the van. I still have to go to work in the morning of course, but I should have enough time to get to Seattle before sunset (it's only a 3 hour drive if the border is quiet, but who knows what the lineup will be like?).

Anyway, it should be a lot of fun. We haven't gotten together for months and months and I haven't seen her daughter since the wedding.

Getting ready to go was not without drama, however. I opened my wallet and there were both our Care Cards (for Medical Services Plan) and my birth certificate, but Dear Child's wasn't there. Of course. I had to provide her birth certificate along with all our financial papers when I registered her for kindergarten.

It took me an hour and a half of going through hot spots (areas where papers pile up) to find it! The upside is that the top of my dresser looks much better than it did, I set a lot of papers aside for the recycling and I found a) the birth certificate, b) the bill from IKEA where I charged the mirror I later returned, c) my other flash drive and d) the statement for our RESP so I can see just how much DC will have when it's time to go on to college. The IKEA bill is important because they wouldn't reverse the charge on my credit card without it. Instead they gave me a gift card but they said they would apply the amount to my credit card if I could just find the bill. Once I get this straightened out I won't owe any money on this card!

It's late and I'm headed to bed. Tomorrow will be insane but I hope to post again sometime on Sunday. Shabbat Shalom!

No comments: