Friday, August 1, 2008

Review of July Goals

Well, this post is supposed to be my review of last month's goals, but I want to copy and paste things in from my original goal post and I can't pull up my own blog at the moment! I'm not trying to do this from my BlackBerry either. Safeway was out of mushrooms last night so we had to come back here for them and we had 2 or 3 other errands to run in town. I'm not sure what's wrong. I log into Blogger and then try to view my blog. The most recent page appears but a box saying that Explorer couldn't complete opening it and has aborted the action appears and then it closes. Grr.

I don't have a ton of time to play with this because I have to get home, finish the laundry, cook dinner and be all ready for Shabbat in time. So I'll post this for now and will come back to edit this post, probably on Sunday. For now let's just say it was a less than stellar month in regards to achieving my goals.


So, let's try this again.

1. Spend no more than $400 for transportation costs this month. No. I think once again I’m close (but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades). Our total for gas, including all the gas I put in and all of Hubby’s gas from July 18th on is $326.89. Hubby thinks he probably spent another $72 before that but doesn’t have his previous bankbook with him so we can’t confirm it until Tuesday. If so, that would bring us to $398.89, so what’s the problem? This challenge was also supposed to include bus fares and I bought a book of FareSavers for $19.

2. Lose 5 pounds. No. It’s official. I didn’t lose 5 pounds this month. All month I’ve varied between 128, 129 and 130. The extra 3 hours of walking for 2 weeks, pushing the baby in the stroller, didn’t do it. Cutting out almost all the 2 bite brownies didn’t do it. I’m still stuck at 129. I realize that an extra 9 pounds isn’t going to make or break me, but I really wanted to get back to 120 pounds in time for my birthday.

3. Go to the gym at least once. No. Maybe I didn’t lose the weight because I didn’t get to the gym. The only times I ever remembered that I was supposed to go there were times when it was impossible to do so (like after they’d closed for the night). I’m going to have to think about this a bit. Either I need to go and see what it feels like to go without Eldest Daughter or I should look into how I can sell my membership (since I’ve already paid for 18 months in full and have now wasted 8 months!).

4. Post at least 27 times in July and post at least one book review. Yes, sort of. I did post 28 times but I somehow never got around to posting about the book I intended to review. I did review a personal finance book, but I clearly said that it wasn’t supposed to be my review of the month, due to the fact that it was a really old book. But it was a book. On personal finance. And I did review it. I’m going to cut myself a little slack and call this one successful. Hey, I need at least one success!

5. Learn how to upload pictures to my blog. No. Well, I found the box my phone came in, with the cord that connects to the computer and the instruction book. I started to look at it but had to put everything out of reach of the baby and haven’t touched it again.

Not the most successful month in the world (massive understatement). I’m not pleased by my performance. Next month had better be better!

No comments: