Tuesday, June 24, 2008

If I Blog It, It Will Come?

Yesterday I wrote about the new climate action dividend and the similarly named climate action tax credit. Today we got our dividend cheques in the mail!

Does this mean I should blog about what I'd do with the money if I won the 6/49 ($30 million is currently up for grabs)? Well, I guess first of all I'd have to buy a ticket!

That reminds me of the old joke about the man in the flood. The man's on his roof, the water is rising and a rowboat comes by. The man turns down the would-be rescuer, saying that G-d will provide. The water gets higher, a speedboat comes along and again the man turns the speedboat driver down, saying G-d will provide. The water keeps rising and the Coast Guard sends a helicopter but the man turns it down too for the same reason. The water eventually covers his roof, he's swept away and drowns.

He goes to his Heavenly reward and immediately begins to complain, "Hashem, I trusted in you. I had faith that you would rescue me but here I am." A Voice floats out from on High, "So who do you think sent the rowboat and the speedboat and the helicopter?"

The moral of the story is, of course, that you have to do something. You can't just sit there and expect pennies to rain down from Heaven.



.

No comments: