Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Too Tired to Think Straight

I've had a busy couple of days. Every year the non-profit I work for holds a gala event. I was busy from the mid-afternoon onward on Sunday with that, including getting dressed up and having a $200 per plate dinner with my hubby. No, I didn't break the budget on my dining out budgetary goal for the month. The dinner was free. The wine was free. It was a lovely evening, but tiring and my feet hurt from the high heels. I know, cry me a river.

I stayed up tweaking the post I'd prepared instead of going to bed the moment I came home and morning came all too quickly today. I went to work for an hour and came home as usual but didn't have the baby at all today because my grown daughter was home sick. Actually, she and the baby are sick and I'm trying to stay as far away as possible because I don't want it. So I had my 3 year old granddaughter off and on through the day but she and my Dear Child play pretty well with minimal supervision.

I took the opportunity to tackle some boxes and emptied 4 of them! I filled one box to overflowing with stuff to be sold or given away, found a handful of really important things and got a load of laundry done. In between I played with the girls, read a few blogs, and paid a bill over the phone. Then I made and ate dinner, went back to the office for 3 hours and did grocery shopping on the way home!

Hubby had taped The Mole, so we watched that and I tried to work on Part 3 of my book review, but I just couldn't do it. I need a certain amount of mental alertness to write about something complex and that's just not happening right now. As a matter of fact, I keep falling asleep with my fingers on the keyboard as I'm typing this! I'm not going to try to force myself. I'll just wake up around 5 or 6 AM with the laptop still open beside me on the bed and my body contorted into some odd shape.

I'm going to go to bed now and start fresh in the morning.

No comments: