Monday, July 6, 2009

I'm Back and I Can See!

Dear Child, Dog and I had a great time at our rural home for 5 whole days!

Dear Child went swimming with her friends at an outdoor pool, where they do Swim Club a couple of times per week.

We had a Canada Day picnic at a local event and stayed until 9:30 pm because DC was enjoying herself so much.

We went to the beach and had a picnic dinner there, and made a sand castle.

We went back to the beach Friday, played in the sand, waded in the lake up to her waist (my hips) and shared a large popsicle. Then we came home and made pizzas for Shabbos dinner.

We took long walks around our little unincorporated place with Dog, exploring streets we've never been down before. I think we hit pretty much every street in town.

We found a new (local) video store and rented movies. DC had her friend from next door over to watch a couple of them.

DC also played with her friends whenever they were home, doing art on the computer, playing board games and running through the sprinkler.

My old school friend came out from town, had lunch and played 2 games of Scrabble with us.

We looked at the second piece of property I'm interested in with my realtor and I'm still interested in it! To date, there have only been 2 other properties that passed the visit to the site test and they were both significantly more money than this one. There's some stuff to research and all but the listing realtor isn't terribly interested in the property so it's not like it's likely to sell tomorrow. Heck, I've been pushing for info on it and to be able to see it for the past 3 months (since the week it came on the market) and she finally faxed the info on the weekend. We'll see.

Oh yeah, and I completed several hours more of backbreaking work in the garden. At least it looks fairly decent now. My grapevine is alive and has 3 leaves. The rosemary plants died, but the lavender is fine. Two of the three are budding. The peppermint is hanging on but the apple mint is spreading all over the place (it's in the front and I pulled some out from the back end of the far side of the house). The lilac is also healthy, although it doesn't look like it flowered.

And my biggest news? I picked up my new glasses today! They look nice, I can see and I'm happy with them.

3 comments:

RivkA with a capital A said...

So, do we get a pic of your new glasses?

Thanks for coming back to visit and for your kind words of support.

I know how hard it can be to lose friends to this deceitful disease.

My plan is to be around for a long time, so I hope you are not disappointed, despite my most recent news.
:-)

I'm still posting about what has been going on up to this point, but I should have a few fun posts coming up to. The good and bad have been very intertwined these past few weeks!

Shevy said...

I actually haven't posted any pics on here up to now, being that I'm somewhat challenged in that area. If I can figure out how to upload pics from my camera I might (hey, wasn't that a goal of mine a loooonnng time ago, learning how to do that?).

I'm glad you plan to be around for a long time! If I ever manage to get back to Israel I hope we can go for coffee!

RivkA with a capital A said...

I would love that! It's a date!