Monday, November 16, 2009

Help!

Okay, I'm having some trouble with my blog, specifically with the feed.  I set it up through Feedburner about a year ago and I think it's been wonky since then although I didn't realize it for quite some time.  People have complained that they couldn't see any more recent posts than what must have been the last one I did before I set up Feedburner.  I had noticed that when I commented on sites that have Comment Luv enabled it always pointed to that same old post.

Finally I spent a bunch of time playing around with it last night and it looked as though I had it working.  It was a pretty basic error.  I wasn't pointing it at the right URL, which was supposed to be the one Feedburner specified.  I fixed that and it looked fine.  Better still, all my posts appeared in Google Reader.  I went to bed happy.

Sigh.  Then today I tried to comment on a post made by someone who uses Comment Luv.  It pulled up a post okay, but it wasn't my post!  It refers back to a blog called Beckhans Blog and worse, when I clicked on the link it redirected me from there to something that I think was called Blogpop.  It all looked really spammy and I couldn't figure out what was going on.  Now, a reader has informed me that this (bleep) is showing up in Google Reader along with all my missing posts.  I checked and, yes it is.  It's what shows up first and, if you scroll past it all, you finally get to my stuff.

I'm definitely in over my head here.  I don't know what's wrong and I'm looking for advice from my fellow bloggers.  Has my feed been hacked somehow?  Did I set it up wrong?  How can I get rid of this junk so it doesn't appear with either Google Reader or Comment Luv?  At least the spammy posts don't appear when I just open my blog directly!  But I'm really, really frustrated and I can't seem to find an answer.

Hence, my cry for help.

1 comment:

Grace. said...

So, did anybody help?

Don't look at me for any. I can't even figure out how to do an RSS feed!