Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Still Sick

Well, we had a quiet day at home today with only a brief foray to go to the bank (still moving money from A to B and back again to make sure everything that's coming out is covered).  Came back wobbly and shaking.

Dear Child managed cereal, oatmeal and soup today.  I had tonic water with my Tamiflu.  For dinner I got really daring and had tea and toast.  It stayed down, although I did have a few bad moments about an hour after eating.

We're definitely still staying home tomorrow as DC has to be temperature-free for at least 24 hours before she can go back to school.  Hubby will have to go by the school tomorrow to hand in the picture order because it's due.  I learned my lesson today.  I'm not going anywhere until I'm able to eat properly.  I don't want to be worrying that I'm going to pass out when I stand up.  It's just that I had to make the deposit in person, at a teller, in order for it to go in right away.

And Eldest Daughter has declared us to be "in quarantine".  Her kids aren't allowed down, we don't go up (not up to climbing narrow, twisty stairs anyway) and she talks to me on her cell.  She has things planned out for the duration of the week with the little girls and school, etc.  All I can say is "Good luck".  If the girls don't get it from us they're likely to pick it up at school where lots of kids are already away.  I understand that she wants to minimize the risk, of course.  And frankly, neither of us feels up to seeing anybody at this point anyway so it really doesn't matter.

I'm reading blogs and playing computer games when my eyes and head aren't bothering me.  I always use my laptop in bed anyway.  And DC has been watching TV and sleeping.  I guess it's one way of not spending money.  And maybe I'll lose some of that 10 pounds I've been trying to get rid of (though I'm not holding my breath on that).

No comments: