Sunday, November 22, 2009

Still Trying to Fix the Blog Feed!

So far, I've asked for help from Google and haven't heard anything useful.  The only response was from someone else who is having a similar problem and also wants to contact someone at Google but couldn't figure out how!

I tried deleting the feedburner feed and redoing it, then deleting my subscription at Google Reader and resubscribing.  It showed me the same thing as before and said that I hadn't yet subscribed, did I want to?  I clicked on "List" (which shows the list of posts instead of the posts themselves) and FINALLY my 2 latest posts appeared at the top and showed as unread.  However, I have no clue how to get rid of those 25 or 30 posts that aren't mine and no way to be sure that more of those fake posts won't appear!

In other words, I still need help!  I can't just contact the person whose blog is attached to mine because when you try to open it you see a home page for a few seconds then get redirected to something called blogpop that says the domain name expired back in October.  Yet all those spammy posts were from as recently as November 15th.  I'm so confused and frustrated.

Sooner or later I'll actually get back to blogging about personal finance and my life.  Depending on how crazy things are around here (my Eldest Daughter is out of town again for a week) it may not be until Wednesday, which will also be payday.  I'm very grateful that this will be a normal cheque but I still probably have more things to pay than money!  The biggest thing I'm worried about right now is the fuel oil situation at the house (and how I'll pay for it, of course).  I was down to 7 or 8 inches of fuel in the tank the last time we were there and it's been pretty cold at night ever since.  Even though the heat there is set at 10 Celsius (and I shrinkwrapped the drafty window) I know the heat has been on a lot.


Hannah said...

Well, it's working now. Let's hope there won't be any more weirdness.

Shevy said...

Baruch Hashem! It's really working.