Sunday, February 8, 2009

Birthday Parties and Pink Eye

They don't go together. Birthday parties and pink eye, that is. Tomorrow was supposed to be my granddaughter's 4th birthday party with a whole bunch of kiddies and fancy party stuff but her little sister has pink eye. Since it's highly contagious among young kids that pretty well decimated the guest list.

Actually, my other granddaughter also has pink eye. No, not the birthday girl, my son's daughter. They not only don't live with us, they haven't seen us for a few weeks. So go figure.

That leaves us with a bunch of party food and only related grownups coming. We're going to push the main part of the party off to next month when both of the other girls have their birthdays. We'll celebrate all 3 of them together with the kids and games. In the meantime I baked her a cake anyway tonight after Shabbos and Eldest Daughter will decorate it in the morning. I know it won't be as much fun as she was expecting but she'll have a cake, cards and presents with half a dozen or so grownups.

Of course, first thing in the morning I'm going to be ... going to work! Yes, even though it's Sunday because I didn't finish everything on Friday. I came very close but that only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Since the project is needed for tomorrow I'm going in to finish it as soon as the building opens. Fun, fun, fun. Then I'll come home for the party (or unparty, as it were).

No comments: